LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. Queens Community House is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; Queens Community House will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Activity Specialist (Dance) throughout Jamaica begin as February 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Activity Specialist (Dance) February 2017 recruitment within Jamaica. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Activity Specialist (Dance) February 2017 in Jamaica below.
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt SALARY: $15.00 P/Hour SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 2:15 pm-5:30 pm; additional prep, meeting and training time
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice.
We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives. Our Children and Youth division for ages 5 to 21 allow participants to explore interests and passions, develop positive social connections, contribute to their community, become life-long learners, and gain meaningful experiences. We are seeking a qualified Dance Activity Specialist with a strong commitment to youth development and a love for the art of dance. The Activity Specialist will serve as a model for middle school youth by providing an engaging and positive experience, while conducting activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, practice and implementation.
* Encourage and lead a dance program that fosters positive expression and build self-esteem and personal growth.
* Create and implement effective and interesting age appropriate lesson plans and curriculum that adhere to program goals.
* Review instructional methods, and student performance in order to assess strengths and weaknesses, and provide recommendations for development.
* Engage with youth and use appropriate strategies to preemptively defuse inappropriate behavior, troubleshoot concerns and encourage social positive interactions.
* Understand and enforce program expectations, policies and protocols to ensure a safe and respectful environment in alignment with agency, school and funder protocols and guidelines.
* Collaborate with after school staff around themes and special projects and take supervision from Educational Specialist and Director and Assistant Directors.
* Communicate with Assistant Director and Director about any schedule and classroom modifications, behavioral or environmental issues.
* Demonstrate appropriate communication with students, parents, staff, funders and other stakeholders.
* Assist participants in homework and provide them with tools to succeed in school.
* Assist with the organization and implementation of special events, activities and projects.
* Secure classrooms and space used at the end of program.
* Participate in training and staff development activities.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Minimum of 18 years old.
* Minimum of High School Diploma or GED and must be currently enrolled in an institution of higher education; college studies in psychology, education, human services, social work, or related field a plus.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading and conducting activities for youth (preferably Middle School female population) in after school or camp settings.
* Experience with choreography and teaching choreography, cinematography, photography or musical production.
* Strong facilitation, conflict resolution and group management skills in working with groups of youth to engage them in discussions in the areas of leadership, community service, civic engagement, debate and current events.
* Knowledge of skill development strategies in working with middle school youth and gender based programming
* Ability to motivate participants to participate in activities and promote leadership skill development
* Interest in developing and providing quality hands-on, inquiry-based projects with a focus on participant, school and community needs.
* Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
* Must be cleared by regulating agencies as a condition of employment.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Dance Activity Specialist” to Lorraine O’Connell at the email provided when you select apply or mail to:
The Young Women’s Leadership School
Attention: Lorraine O’Connell - Queens Community House
150-91 87th Road
Jamaica, New York 11432
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER v DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Activity Specialist (Dance) in Jamaica, Jamaica who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Jamaica region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Activity Specialist (Dance) in Jamaica below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com