Assistant Village Manager Job Opening at Village of Glen Ellyn in Glen Ellyn
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. Village of Glen Ellyn is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; Village of Glen Ellyn will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Assistant Village Manager throughout Glen Ellyn begin as September 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Assistant Village Manager September 2017 recruitment within Glen Ellyn. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Assistant Village Manager September 2017 in Glen Ellyn below.
Assistant Village Manager at Village of Glen Ellyn in Glen Ellyn September 2017
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time Assistant Village Manager position. The duties of this position include assisting in the planning, managing, directing and reviewing of overall activities and operations of the Village of Glen Ellyn, focusing on overseeing HR, IT, Facilities, and communications as well as special projects; to assist in the coordination of Village activities with other outside agencies and organizations; this role will assist the Village Manager and department managers through various projects including the information technology, human resources, facility, and communications functions; and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Village Manager; and responsive, courteous and efficient service to Village residents and the general public. Performs other duties as assigned. Position reports directly to the Village Manager. Realignment of positions and assignments may be considered upon the selection of a successful candidate for the position .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Serve as “Chief of Staff” to Village Manager in the accomplishment of assigned multi-departmental initiatives, overseeing certain departments or intergovernmental groups and other matters which may be delegated.
- Assist in developing, planning and implementing goals and objectives for the Village; recommend policies and procedures; research Village Manager’s requests regarding policy; prepare and submit recommendations.
- Provide research and assistance to the Village Manager and Village Board; prepare specific and comprehensive analyses of a wide range of municipal policies include oversight of major contracts such as refuse and EMS services.
- Manages the IT Manager, Facilities Manager, Communications Coordinator, and administrative support staff members, and other functions as may be deemed necessary; supervise daily operations; monitor and evaluate progress; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Manage Human Resources functions for the Village including recruitment, training, and collective bargaining as well as assisting the Finance Department in the oversight of benefit administration including health insurance, pension benefits, unemployment, and fringe benefits.
- Oversee the Information Technology function including the IT budget. Assist in evaluating software and hardware request from Village departments.
- Oversee Village communications and public relations efforts.
- Oversee Facilities Division functions and assists with long range planning and budget preparation.
- Provide responsible administrative staff support, research and assistance to the Village Manager and Village Board; prepare specific and comprehensive analyses of a wide range of municipal policies; update the Village Manager on the status of various projects.
- Participate in negotiating contracts and providing solutions on a variety of administrative, fiscal and special projects; participate in the preparation of program or special project budgets.
- Manage employee relations, grievances and employee compensation.
- Participate in the selection, training, motivation and evaluation of all personnel; recommend and participate in discipline and termination procedures as necessary.
- Provide direction to supervisory staff from line departments seeking administrative guidance.
- Interpret and apply the rules and regulations of Village policies; respond to request for information and assistance from employees, management, outside agencies and the public; keep abreast of any new or changed state and/or federal laws in human resources and develop policies and procedures to keep in compliance with the new laws.
- Participate and assist in the development and implementation of the Village’s work plan; assign work projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Staff liaison for assigned Village committees such as the Fire and Police Commission, Environmental Commission, Glen Ellyn Foundation, and local/regional organizations; attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of public administration.
- Assist in the coordination of intergovernmental cooperatives to meet goals of efficiency and cost management.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Serve as Acting Village Manager in Manager’s absence.
- Qualified candidates must possess at minimum a Master’s Degree in public administration, business administration or related field with experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience preferred demonstrating increasingly responsible experience in local public agency in an administrative and managerial capacity involving responsibility for the planning, organization, implementation and supervision of varied programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with tact and professionalism under various conditions. Must be detail oriented and highly organized; ideal candidates are self-starters with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Versatility and independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and effectively manage a diversified workload.
- Ability to interpret and implement Village policies and procedures, written instructions, and general correspondence; Federal, State, Village, and local regulations; and demonstrate the ability to complete assignments accurately and within established deadlines.
- The ability to effectively operate customary office equipment, such as computers, Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and related Windows-based software programs; previous experience with electronic records management/archival systems is a plus.
- A valid Driver’s license
WORK SCHEDULE : Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, plus night meetings as necessary.
The pay offered for this full-time, exempt position is $107,266/year to $129,397/year (Pay Grade: S) DOQ. Position includes full benefits, as well as participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) defined benefit retirement pension plan. Anticipated starting pay is +/- $114,000/yr. Actual starting pay is negotiable, and will be dependent upon qualifications, experience, and professional achievement.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. Hard copies (faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered) of resumes will be declined.
- Applicants must indicate (Job ID: #24-17 Assistant Village Manager) in the subject line of e-mail.
- The selected finalist will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference check, and post offer medical physical with a drug screening.
- The position is open until filled; however, first review of resumes will begin August 18, 2017. Candidates requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact Human Resources at 630-469-5000.
THE VILLAGE OF GLEN ELLYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Assistant Village Manager in Glen Ellyn, Glen Ellyn who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Glen Ellyn region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Assistant Village Manager in Glen Ellyn below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com