Social Worker I Job Opening at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock January 2017
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. Arkansas Children's Hospital is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; Arkansas Children's Hospital will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Social Worker I throughout Little Rock begin as January 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Social Worker I January 2017 recruitment within Little Rock. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Social Worker I January 2017 in Little Rock below.
Social Worker I at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock January 2017
To provide competent, quality Social Work services to patients and their families. The clinician must be able to function as an independent practitioner, work under stressful conditions, demonstrate assertiveness skills, and be able to work well with others. Clinically must be able to perform quality assessments, have knowledge of family systems, demonstrate effective communication techniques, and be flexible in job responsibilities.
Provides thorough clinical assessments using a biopsychosocial model to determine the needs of ACH's diverse, multicultural population.
In an attempt to seek optimum care for the patient and establish a therapeutic relationship, the worker devises and implements appropriate interventions and plans for patients and families that are comprehensive and outcome focused.
- Clinicians will utilize guidelines as set forth in the departmental policies and procedures governing documentation, assessments, interdisciplinary collaboration, and other related policies in accomplishing these tasks.
- Intervention reflects patient interest and priority in contrast to hospital interest and priority; Interaction and communication with patients, families, and co-workers at all times reflects a basic understanding of age-specific issues, respect for privacy and confidentiality; Positive customer relations; Has understanding of the stress associated with illness, injury, and the healthcare experience; Interacts with patient/visitors/employees in a professional manner as recognized in writing or verbally.
- Accepts ownership of assignments and successfully completes objectives and routine duties in a timely manner; Demonstrates flexibility and initiative in job-related activities; Seeks help when indicated, is able to follow instructions and is able to accept constructive feedback and responsibility of actions from management direction; Competent in job knowledge and skills exhibiting sounds accurate judgment including child abuse laws and routine legal issues.
- Communicates understanding of patient’s situation and problems (including age appropriate language, cultural, religious needs/issues, and age –specific issues) with other team members; Obtains medical and background information from staff, chart review, and computer research;
Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in a professional manner;
Documentation is completed per Social Work policy and indicates adequate involvement of health care team, appropriate family member and agencies.
- Assessment follows departmental documentation guidelines; Clinician is able to make independent decisions by utilizing information available and requires little supervision; Seeks out opportunities to become more knowledgeable in specialty/ specific area.
- Documents barriers to compliance or treatment recommendations, current status of patient/family’s knowledge regarding medical or psychiatric condition, emotional needs, and community/family resources; Uses group and individual supervision for improvement and self-development; Open to new ideas and willing to try new approaches; Offers suggestions to improve services and work activities and serves on committees to formalize those ideas; Seeks out opportunities to become more knowledgeable in specialty/ specific area, and self development activities. Utilizes what is learned to improve performance.
Promotes overall professional growth and development.
- Intervention reflects patient interest and priority in contrast to hospital interest and priority; Interaction and communication with patients, families, and co-workers at all times reflects a basic understanding of age-specific issues, respect for privacy and confidentiality, positive customer relations, and has understanding of the stress associated with illness, injury, and the healthcare experience; Interacts with patient/visitors/employees in a professional manner as recognized in writing or verbally; Intervention strategies indicate adequate involvement of appropriate agencies, staff, and family members.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions with acknowledgement of age specific, barriers to care and cultural issues. (eg. Counseling, therapy techniques, age appropriate resources, etc.); Documents continued reassessment or provision of Social Work services if plan indicates ongoing Social Work follow up; Interventions in child maltreatment cases demonstrate comprehension of hospital policies, child abuse laws and legal statutes; Transitions cases appropriately (including arranging for follow-up of identified social issues/problems, and indicates in documentation of appropriate plans for f/u if needed).
- Intervention reflects adequate involvement with health care team and agencies; Consults regularly and develops a positive working relationship with team members including clinical attending physicians, while presenting a professional reflection of the department; Documentation reflects team collaboration.
- Documentation includes all relevant sections of the RHAAP format; Updates documentation when plans change; Documentation is clear about which problem will be the focus of Social Work intervention; Documentation is completed per Social Work policy.
- Maintains a 70% direct patient contact ratio; Attendance does not detract from clinician’s ability to implement treatment plans, establish rapport with families and participate in team building; Interventions with patients and families reflects clinical knowledge and efforts of program development in specialty area; Demonstrates commitment to patient care needs by providing continuity of care regardless of shift parameters, as patient care warrants or attends to pt. care needs until appropriate transition can occur.
- Utilizes and implements program development skills into clinical work with patient and families; Actively participates in problem solving strategies related to patient care.
Performs Administrative or Non Clinical Tasks Commensurate with the Position.
- Active participation on departmental or hospital committees; Effective collaboration and team building within and outside of the Social Work Department
- Obtaining and maintaining appropriate level of licensure
- Provides diagnosis specific education or promotes the role of the social worker; Facilitating diagnosis specific support/educational/therapeutic groups; Hospital staff education; Community/professional education
Orientation preceptor; Field supervision of SW Intern; Initiates program planning.
- Member of a professional organization (representing ACH and/or SW Department); Board member of a professional organization (representing ACH and/or SW Department)
- Seeking out opportunities for self education and professional growth, including the effective and appropriate use of supervision.
- Research and professional writing activities
- Timely completion of paperwork (chart notes, activity log, shift reports, bereavement correspondence, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility, efficiency and good organizational skills in regards to time management, protocols regarding beeper usage, backup assignments, Kronos transactions, etc.
- Willingly offers to help co-workers or others in the department.
- All other duties as assigned.
Master's degree or equivalent degree
• Field of Study:
Master of Social Work
2 years medical or pediatric social work experience
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW): (AR)
• Candidate must obtain within 12 months of hire date or eligibility
Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW): (AR)
Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality assessments, interventions,
counseling, treatment and discharge planning relative to the age-specific needs of the patient.
Applicant should have knowledge of crisis intervention techniques, grief and loss process, child abuse, psychiatric
disorders, and family systems theory.
Applicant should have knowledge of crisis intervention techniques, grief and loss process, child abuse, psychiatric disorders, and family systems theory.
Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with various professionals as well as with patients/families of varying socioeconomic and educational levels as well as varying ethnic and cultural differences.
Must be able to work independently and creatively, yet be able to work closely with other disciplines and social work colleagues.
Prociency in basic computer programs (Word, Outlook) as well as comfortability in learning new computer programs or other technological resources.
1. Should be able to effectively manage high caseload and stressful situations.
2. Should be able to conduct interviews with a child while sitting on a floor or interacting in an active manner.
3. Should be able to respond quickly to emergency situations (patient leaving AMA; defending oneself against an aggressive/hostile parent or patient).
4. Must be able to report to work within the required 30 minute response time when on-call.
Must be able to observe behaviors and actions of patients, families and staff in order to respond appropriately and to develop applicable strategies for intervention.
Must complete 24 hours of continuing education in a 12 month time period or 48 hours in a 24 month time period.
Must maintain appropriate level of licensure and strongly encouraged to seek the highest level of licensure when eligible.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Activity - Taste or smell
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Physical Environment - Outdoor weather conditions
Physical Environment - Extreme cold (non-weather)
Physical Environment - Extreme heat (non-weather)
Physical Environment - Infectious disease
Physical Environment - Blood or bodily fluid
Physical Environment - Work in a confined area
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Social Worker I in Little Rock, Little Rock who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Little Rock region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Social Worker I in Little Rock below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com